This is a great tasting salad with the taste of garden freshness. It seems like every time I make a pasta salad we are using salad dressing or Mayo so I decided to go with something a little lighter for a change. The olive oil vinegar combination along with the other ingredients is a delicious combination in this Italian Pasta Salad Recipe. This is a large recipe and could easily be used as a dish for a pot luck dinner, or some type of social. The original recipe called for provolone cheese, but I substituted mozzarella and it worked out just fine. Enjoy
|Italian Pasta Salad Recipe||
- 1 (1 lb) box Rainbow Rotini
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onions
- 1/2 lb cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 lb sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Ingredients for Dressing
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix together dressing first and set aside until sugar is dissolved completely.
- Cook pasta according to box directions and rinse under cold water until cool.
- Slice the sliced pepperoni circles in half and separate slices.
- Mix together all pasta ingredients.