With Labor Day approaching I thought this would be a good time to post another side dish recipe. This is a simple recipe to prepare and will feed a good size crowd. The recipe is mildly seasoned so if you want to heat it up a little bit, it should work out well; Jalapenos would be a good addition to this recipe.
If you looking for a good side dish give this Mexican Macaroni Salad Recipe a try.
This is a good recipe for pot luck, or a Labor Day picnic.
Mexican Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 ears corn
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup black olives (chopped)
- 6 Roma tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain, rinse, and set aside to cool.
- While macaroni is cooking grill corn over medium-high heat until done and slightly charred. Cool and cut kernels off the cob.
- In a large bowl mix together the elbow macaroni, corn, black beans, tomatoes, and green onions.
- in a medium size bowl mix together the mayo, sour cream, cumin, and salsa until thoroughly combined. Mix the sauce into the macaroni mixture, fold in the cheese; salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve cold
Adapted from Food Network