This has to one of the best Meatloaves I have ever eaten and just the right amount for two people. It does take a little bit of time to put it together but it is well worth the effort.
If you are just feeding two people put this one on the supper menu it’s delicious!
Mini Meatloaves for Two Recipe
- Ingredients for glaze
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Ingredients for Mini Meatloaves
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 small garlic clove (crushed and minced)
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup panko Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound meatloaf mix or ½ pound ground pork and ½ pound lean ground beef
- Direction for glaze – mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Directions for meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large ovenproof nonstick skillet using 2 teaspoons of the vegetable oil over medium heat cook onion until soft and starting to brown. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for about 1 more minute; transfer mixture to a large bowl and wipe the skillet clean with paper toweling.
- In the bowl with the onion mix in the panko, parsley, milk, Worcestershire sauce, egg yolk, mustard, salt, and pepper and then using your hand’s mix in the ground meat until thoroughly combined. Divide into equal amounts and form into 2 loaves.
- In the now empty skillet using 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil cook loaves on both sides over medium-high heat until nicely browned on both sides. Top each loaf with the glaze.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until done. (160F) let rest for 5 minutes and serve hot.
Adapted from Cooks County Cooking Two CookBook