Wow, delicious, simple and quick; the classic New Orleans version is a little different, but it doesn’t get much closer than this Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe. This simple recipe makes a great supper or lunch, especially if you are in a hurry. According to Wikipedia “The Muffuletta sandwich had its origins at Central Grocery, in the French Quarter, New Orleans. If you are in the mood for Italian be sure to give this one a try. This Muffuletta Sandwich has a wonderful combination of flavorful ingredients. Enjoy
|Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe|
- 1 -1 pound loaf fresh Italian bread
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 8 oil-cured black olives, pitted and chopped
- 8 pitted green olives, chopped
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced salami
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced ham
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, sliced
- 1/4 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Slice bread in half lengthwise. Drizzle olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle both sides with Parmesan cheese, basil, and oregano.
- On the bottom half, layer chopped black olives and chopped green olives, then the salami,
- ham, provolone, and mozzarella. Cover with top layer, and cut into 4 servings.
- Serve with An Italian Salad or seasoned fries.