This type of pea can be found year around in most supermarkets. The main difference between a snow pea and a sugar snap pea; is that you eat the whole pea-shell and all. Convert this into a stir fry by adding some beef steak, garlic, and a few other ingredients; turns this mixture into a delicious Asian Snow Pea Recipe. As far as heat goes, this recipe is mildly spiced-if you want to crank it up a bit, add some red pepper flakes to taste. I served this Asian Snow Pea dish over rice for dinner. It’s easy to this Asian Snow Pea recipe; give it a try.
|Asian Snow Pea Recipe|
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces snow peas
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium high heat. Stir-fry ginger and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the steak and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until evenly browned.
- Add the snow peas and stir-fry for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower heat and simmer until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Serve over hot rice.