This time of the year with so much grilling and outdoor cooking going on cold salads are real popular. Almost all recipes seem to have a basic recipe behind them. This is a simple Old Fashion Potato Salad Recipe that is pretty much basic, but you can add or subtract anything you would like which will enhance the flavor to your taste. I prepared this recipe as is for my Blog but would normally add green pepper, sliced radishes and maybe some diced tomatoes. Depending on your taste you may want to change the dill pickle relish, to sweet pickle relish, or eliminate the relish altogether; I prefer the dill over the sweet. This is a very simple recipe with good taste, just be sure to allow enough time for the potato salad to cool, and the flavors to blend. Enjoy
|Old Fashion Potato Salad Recipe||
- 5 potatoes
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Dill pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or to taste
- In a large pot of salted water boil potatoes and cook until tender, but still firm.
- Drain, cool, peel and, cut into 1 inch cubes
- While the potatoes are cooking-cook the eggs to hard boiled state. Cool and peel.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, relish, garlic salt, celery salt, mustard, pepper and mayonnaise and slice in the eggs. Mix together well and refrigerate until chilled.