When things get busy it always nice to find a way to cut corners a little bit. This One Pan Skillet Spaghetti Recipe allows you to cook the spaghetti in the sauce. This recipe was a nice surprise because the dish tasted a lot better than I thought it was going to be.
Actually, my wife liked it every bit as well as the spaghetti we normally prepare, stating “maybe it’s was even better”.
This would be a great recipe to put in your recipe box with the upcoming school year approaching for after school dinner. It’s simple to prepare, doesn’t take much time, and I’m sure your kids would love it.
Give this One Pan Skillet Spaghetti Recipe a try; it’s really good. Enjoy.
One Pan Skillet Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium green pepper (chopped)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15 – 16 0unces)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 can mushrooms (4 ounces)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti (uncooked and broken)
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook the burger, green pepper, and onion until burger is browned. Drain if necessary.
- Mix all the other ingredients into the burger mixture except for the cheese. Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat to a high simmer, cover and cook stirring occasionally, until the spaghetti is tender. (About 30 minutes – add additional water if necessary)
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and let rest until cheese is melted. Serve hot.