Another knock off recipe that is very close to the original from Outback Steakhouse’s Macaroni and Cheese. This recipe is very simple with a minimal amount of ingredients. There is a good chance you may have most, or all of it on hand already. This Mac and Cheese recipe is very smooth and creamy and goes great as a side dish with almost any meal. Give this Outback Steakhouse Macaroni and Cheese Recipe a try and enjoy.
|Outback Steakhouse Macaroni and Cheese Recipe||
Recipe Type: Entree
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1 (12 ounce) packages of medium-size rigatoni pasta or elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 lb store-brand processed cheese, cubed (Velveeta or American)
- Prepare rigatoni or elbow macaroni using package instructions. (Drain and set aside)
- While pasta is cooking, in a large saucepan on medium heat, melt butter, Add flour, stirring constantly. Mixture should thicken.
- When flour thickens, add milk, salt, paprika and cheese cubes. Stir constantly until the sauce thickens but is smooth.
- The cheese sauce should resemble an extra-thick cream. If mixture is too thick, add little more milk.
- Pour the drained pasta into the sauce and gently stir until pasta is completely coated.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe
Comments are closed.