These Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownies are moist, rich, and delicious. It takes a little bit of effort to put it all together but it is well worth it.
This is a good size recipe so you will probably have some left to put in the freezer.
This would also be a great recipe for a party or pot luck.
Give these Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownies a try. I’ll be you can’t stop eating just one.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (chopped or shaved fine)
- 1/3 cup Dutch cocoa powder
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted – I used unsalted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chocolate chips (or ½ cup peanut butter chips and ½ cup milk chocolate chips)
- ½ cup marshmallow cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 13 x 9 baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the boiling water, unsweetened chocolate, and cocoa until chocolate is melted. Mix in the sugar, oil, eggs, egg yolks, butter, and vanilla until well combined.
- Gently mix in the flour and salt until just moist and then fold in the chocolate and peanut butter chips; pour the mixture into baking pan.
- Dollop spoonful’s of marshmallow crème over the top and using the tip paring knife swirl it into the batter.
- Bake for 30 – to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with just a few crumbs left on it.
- Note: if you don’t care for marshmallow crème just leave it out.
Adapted from Cooks Country