This Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Recipe has all the ingredients you would expect to find in Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. The combination of Alfredo sauce, mozzarella, and provolone cheese make this pizza rich and delicious.
If you looking for a change from the ordinary style type pizza give this on a try.
This recipe was adapted from Blogchef.net.
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Recipe
- Dough for 1 pizza (store bought or homemade)
- ½ cup Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- ½ cup green pepper (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 can chunky style portabella mushrooms (4 ounces – Drained)
- 8 ounces skirt steak
- Salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut steak into a thin strip like you would for making a stir fry. Salt and pepper the meat to taste; using the olive oil, cook steak over medium-high heat to desired doneness; set aside.
- Stretch the pizza crust over a lightly oiled baking sheet. Cut several small slits in the bottom of the crust, and bake the crust for 7 – 8 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spread the Alfredo sauce over the crust leaving about 1 inch on the edges. Sprinkle 1/2 cup each of the provolone, and mozzarella cheeses over the top followed by the steak strips, onion, mushrooms, and green pepper. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until edges are browned, and cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.