Here’s another simple and good recipe that doesn’t require many ingredients and is quick to prepare. The pork chops are seasoned, browned, and then finish cooking in the sauce. You can have this dish on the table in less than an hour.
The next time you are tight for a time give this Pork Chops with Mushroom Dijon Sauce a try; it’s really good. Enjoy
Pork Chops with Mushroom Dijon Sauce
- 4 boneless pork chops. (3/4 inch thick – about 1 pound)
- ½ teaspoon lemon and pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (10.5 ounces)
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pat chops dry with paper toweling and season with the lemon and pepper seasoning; rubbing the seasoning into the chops.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat using the oil brown the chops on both sides; remove and set chops aside. In the now empty skillet, add the mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Stir in the wine scrapping any dripping off the bottom of the pan, and then mix in the soup, milk, and mustard. Bring soup mixture to a boil; reduce heat to a high simmer.
- Arrange chops on top of the mixture. Cover and cook for 10 – 15 minutes or until chops are done. (145F.)
- Serve chops hot with gravy over the top
Adapted from Campbell’s Kitchen