This week I was contacted by one of our churches to cook something again. Due to the time of year I decided to bake Pumpkin Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting. This is an easy recipe with not a lot of prep time, and chances are you will have most of the ingredients on hand. Do to trying to get rid of some extra weight I’ve been trying to keep the sweet treats to a minimum. I’m glad I didn’t make any extras; they smelled so delicious, I swear I would of eaten half of them myself. And that’s not to mention the delicious, smooth and creamy cream cheese frosting. Give this Pumpkin Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe a try, you’ll love it!
|Pumpkin Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting|
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Serves: 16 bars
- 4 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F., Grease and flour one 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread into prepared pan. I line the baking pan with aluminum foil so I can just lift the bars out, then cut them right on the foil. This is also great if you are leaving them somewhere-you can just deliver them on the foil and don’t have to leave your pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool thoroughly.
- For the frosting: beat together the cream cheese, butter and confectioner’s sugar until smooth.
- Evenly spread over bars after they have cooled.