This Quick and Easy Clam Chowder for Two Recipe doesn’t take a lot of prep or cooking time, so you can have on the table in less than an hour. The recipe basically consists of canned clams, clam juice, milk, and a little cream with some onion and seasonings added. The end result is a smooth and creamy clam chowder dish.
The next time you’re in the mood for clam chowder give this recipe a try; it’s quick, easy, and delicious. Enjoy
Quick and Easy Clam Chowder for Two
- 2 cans minced clams (6.5 ounces each)
- 1 bottle clam juice (8 ounces)
- 2 slices thick cut bacon (cut into ½ inch pieces – I used thinly sliced because that is what I had on hand. Just double the number of slices)
- ½ medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed and minced)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 large red potatoes (cleaned, and cut into ½ inch cubes)
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ to 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Drain clams and reserve the liquid into a large measuring cup and add the bottled clam juice. You should have 2 ½ cups, if not, add enough water to equal 2 ½ cups.
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan cook bacon over medium-high heat until bacon begins to get crispy, add the onion and continue cooking until the bacon is crisp and onion is softened. Mix in the garlic and cook until fragrant, and then stir the flour into the mixture until well coated. Mix in the clam juice, potatoes, bay leaf, and thyme. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf, stir in the clams and parsley, and then mix in the cream. (Add the amount of cream to create the texture you want) salt and pepper to taste and continue cooking until heated through.
- Serve Hot
Adapted from Cooks Country