Football play-off season is here and these Parmesan Chicken Nuggets are perfect for the occasion. These chicken nuggets are simple to put together, and cook quickly. Just be sure to allow enough time for the marinade.
So if you want to wow your guests at your next super bowl party give this Ritz Crackers Parmesan Chicken Nuggets recipe a try; they’re delicious.
- 1 ½ pounds chicken tenders (cut into 1 ½ inch pieces)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs (I used a food processor to crush the crackers – if you don’t have one place them in a food grade plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin. They don’t have to be real fine)
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Oil for deep frying.
- In a large bowl mix together the butter milk, garlic, paprika, and salt; toss the chicken in the butter milk mixture, cover with plastic, and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- In a shallow dish like a pie plate whisk together the Ritz cracker crumbs, parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs.
- Preheat deep fryer to 350F.
- Roll the chicken pieces one piece at a time in the crumb mixture and deep fry in batches until golden brown and crispy. Place on paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- Serve as a stand-alone snack or with your favorite dipping sauce.
Adapted from Laura in the Kitchen