This grilled Roadhouse burger is delicious. It is so thick it is hard to eat, but well worth the effort, because it is loaded with delicious condiments, with a garlic sauce defiantly highlighting the burger.
My son was home for the weekend when he made these I knew once the weather was nice enough I would fire up the grill and grill them myself. You can see the original recipe on my Sons blog at Blogchef.net
Roadhouse Burger Recipe
- Garlic Sauce
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 onion hamburger buns
- 4 large frozen onion rings
- 2 large onions (thinly sliced)
- A ½ cup of water
- 1 tomato sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste; refrigerate until needed.
- Deep fry onion rings in a deep fry at 375F until golden brown; set aside. (I placed these in the oven on warm)
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat using the vegetable oil cook onions covered until onions begin to turn golden brown. Remove cover, add the water, and continue cooking until water is evaporated. Remove onions and set aside.
- In the now empty skillet cook bacon until browned and crispy; drain on paper toweling and set aside.
- Preheat and prepare grill on medium-high heat. Form burger into 4 patties and generously season with salt and pepper. Just before burgers are done place the slices of cheese on the burgers, close lid, and continue grilling until cheese is melted. While burgers are grilling place buns cut side down on the grill to toast them. (these brown quick so watch them closely)
- To put it all together coat the bottom half of buns with the sauce, place the cooked onions on the bun followed by the burger, bacon and then the tomato. Spread more sauce over the tomato and then top with a deep-fried onion. Place top half of the bun on the mixture and enjoy.