The local market has deli chicken on sale so I decided to put this Bacon Chicken Casserole on the menu for supper.
This is a simple recipe that’s fairly quick to put together and doesn’t require a lot of prep time because the chicken is precooked.
If you have leftover chicken give this one a try it’s really good. Enjoy
Bacon Chicken Casserole
- 4 cups uncooked bow-tie pasta (8 ounces)
- 1 box (9 oz) frozen baby sweet peas
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large sweet onion (chopped about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken (from 2-lb chicken)
- 2 jars Alfredo pasta sauce (15 oz each)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last 3 minutes of cooking add the peas and cook until pasta is done; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crispy. Place on paper towels to drain, and then crumble; set aside.
- In the same skillet using the bacon drippings cook onion and mushrooms until tender. Add the mixture to the pasta and then mix in ½ cup Parmesan cheese, add the chicken and Alfredo sauce.
- Place the mixture in a 13 x 9 casserole dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray, top with the bacon and the other ½ cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese starts to brown.
Adapted from Pillsbury.com