This recipe has just the right amount of batter to make about 8 small pancakes, just right for two people. This is a simple recipe that requires just a small amount of ingredients – chances are you will have everything on hand,
If you’re looking for a simple and quick breakfast recipe give this Buttermilk Pancakes for Two recipes a try. Enjoy
Buttermilk Pancakes for Two
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray or oil for frying
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, sour cream, and melted butter.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined and just moist; batter will be lumpy with some dry streaks. Let rest for 30 minutes before using.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, using a light coating of oil or cooking spray cook pancakes ¼ cup batter at a time until golden brown on one side, bubbles form on top, and edges start to firm up. Flip and continue cooking until browned.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from Cooking for Two Cookbook