This is a recipe for 2 but it could easily be doubled. This Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops recipe is simple and only requires a few ingredients; it’s delicious.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops with Roasted Potatoes for Two
- 12 ounces of small red potatoes (halved)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices of bacon
- 2 boneless pork chops (¾ to 1 inch thick)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl generously season the potatoes with salt and pepper; toss in the olive oil to coat.
- Place potatoes cut side down in a rimmed baking sheet covered with aluminum foil – the potatoes should take up about ½ of the pan. Place on center rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until just tender. (baking time could be a little longer depending on the size of the potatoes.)
- While potatoes are baking place the bacon on a large plate and weigh the bacon down using another plate – microwave for 3 minutes or until bacon starts to shrivel. (limp but not stiff) place bacon on paper towels to let cool.
- Wrap pork chops with 3 strips of bacon with ends down to secure the bacon.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and place the pork chops on the other half of the sheet. Return to oven and bake until pork chops reach an internal temperature of 135F. (about 15 minutes depending on size)
- Preheat the broiler and place the pork and potatoes about 6 inches from the broiler element. Broil until bacon is browned and crispy and chops register 145F. Tent with aluminum foil and let rest 5 minute before serving.