Some time baking a whole cake for two people just doesn’t make a lot of sense. This Chocolate Fudge Cakes for Two recipes bakes in two ramekins making just the right for two people. This is a simple and quick recipe, just add ice cream and you will create a delicious dessert for two.
Chocolate Fudge Cakes for Two
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate ( 2 ounces chopped and 1 ounce broken into 2 pieces)
- ¼ cup half and a half or whole milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons egg (lightly beaten at room temperature)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium size, bowl mixes the chopped chocolate together with the milk. Heat the mixture in a microwave for 1 -3 minutes or until chocolate is melted stirring the mixture until smooth, stir in the sugar and mix until sugar is dissolved; let cool slightly. Mix in the oil, egg, and vanilla until well combined. Mix in the flour to form the batter until just moist.
- Lightly spray two ramekins with cooking spray and divide the batter between the two. Push one piece of the remaining chocolate into the center of the batter of each ramekin.
- Baked for 15 minutes or until tops are just firm and center is gooey; let cool for 3 – 5 minutes and serve warm with ice cream on top.
Adapted from Cooking for Two cookbook