Once and awhile the local grocery store here will run ground round on sale and this Simple Ground Round with Mushroom Gravy Recipe is one of my favorites. This recipe is very simple and good tasting, and the gravy is excellent served with mashed potatoes. I am sure this recipe would work out great with any type of lean ground beef. If you in a little bit of a rush and want something simple and good give this Simple Ground Round with Mushroom Gravy Recipe and enjoy.
|Simple Ground Round with Mushroom Gravy Recipe||
- 1 1/2 pounds ground round (or lean ground beef)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Combine ground round, egg, Panko bread crumbs, onion, and 1/4 cup cream of mushroom soup in a large bowl.
- Divide beef mixture evenly into 6 patties about 1/2 inch thick patty.
- Whisk together the remaining cream of mushroom soup and beef broth in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-heat. Cook the burgers until browned, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Then add the cream of mushroom soup, and beef broth.
- Pour mixture over the patties, and then reduce heat to low. Simmer until the patties are no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes or 155F in the center.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or noodles