Living in a small town my recipes do not always come out as planned because certain ingredients are not always available. Marsala Chicken was on the menu for dinner, and a blog post ; but it did not happen because I could not find a place to purchase the wine. This was a low-carb recipe and I was looking forward to preparing it-so look for Marsala Chicken in an upcoming post.
In desperation I decided to give this Simple Italian Baked Chicken Breast Recipe a try. I had everything on hand; the recipe was simple, and very quick. The Italian seasoned coating was very good and the family really enjoyed it. This recipe calls for dipping the chicken in mayo and I thought, because of the thickness, that might be a little challenging, but it was not. I prepared the recipe as is. If you have the chicken chances are you have other ingredients on hand, give this Simple Italian Baked Chicken Breast Recipe a try- the end result is a moist and good tasting chicken dinner.
|Simple Italian Baked Chicken Breast Recipe||
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (I used Whipped Salad Dressing)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 425F (220 C)
- in a medium size bowl mix together the mayo, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Powder. Place the seasoned bread crumbs in a separate bowl. (I used a pie dish- the size seems to work well for coating)
- Dip the chicken in the mayo mixture, then roll in the bread crumbs to coat.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown and the juices run clear. Internal temperature should be 165.