Through the years tuna pasta salads have turned into a staple for this family. When we can’t figure out what to have for dinner this is our favorite go to recipe. You can use this Simple Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe as a side dish, or main dish, and is even great for pot lucks or outdoor parties. I’m not sure where the idea came from, but we have also gotten into the habit of topping our plates of tuna pasta salad with our favorite flavored potato chips; a kind of crumble them on top sort of thing.
You can follow the recipe as is, or add anything to the salad you think sounds good- such as shredded cheddar, or mozzarella cheese, canned or frozen peas also makes a nice addition to the recipe. The next time you are looking for a great side dish, or are kind of stuck on what to have for dinner, give this Simple Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe a try. Enjoy
|Simple Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe||
- 1- 16 ounce package pasta (you choice-I like to keep it on the small side)
- 3 tomatoes (diced)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 (12 ounce) can tuna
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Creamy Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions-rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, celery and tuna.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, salad dressing, sugar and pepper. Add to pasta salad, mix together, and refrigerate for 1 hour. (if you are tight for time- when you rinse the pasta with cold water, continue rinsing till the pasta gets really cold; through it together and serve.)