This Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is a little bit of work but well worth the effort. The end result is juicy sauteed chicken breast meat engulfed in a rich creamy cheese sauce served over fettuccine. I followed the recipe as written and the results were excellent. This Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe caught my attention because of the Roma tomatoes that where incorporated into the recipe, which blended very well with the other ingredients. This recipe does take a little bit of time, but if you get everything coordinated properly you will have Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo on the table in about an hour. I have to admit this is probably not the healthiest recipe you could prepare; but it is so good. Give you and your family a treat and give this Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe a try. Enjoy
|Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe||
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut into cubes)
- 6 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced, divided)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 8 ounce package mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces marble jack cheese
- 3 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat combine chicken, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 cloves garlic, and Italian seasoning. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt 4 tablespoons butter in the skillet.
- (I didn’t want to deal with the pasta and cream sauce at the same time so I waited till the pasta was done to start the cream sauce)
- Saute onion, 2 cloves garlic, and mushrooms until onions are transparent. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and half-and-half, stirring until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in Parmesan and Marble Jack cheeses; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes and sour cream.
- Serve over fettuccine.