This Skillet Lasagna for Two recipe is simple and quick compared to the oven version of this recipe, and it is just the right amount to serve two people.
Because this one dish recipe cooks in the skillet there is no need to precook the noodles.
Give this one a try; it’s really good.
Skillet Lasagna for Two
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove (crushed and minced)
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 5 curly edge lasagna noodles (broken into 2 – 3-inch pieces)
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat using the oil cook onion and ¼ teaspoon salt until onion is softened and starts to brown. Add the red pepper flakes and garlic and continue cooking until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add the burger and continue cooking until burger is no longer pink inside. Breaking up the burger as it cooks.
- Spread the lasagna noodles over the top of the burger and pour the crushed tomatoes over the top. Bring mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a high simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender (stirring frequently).
- Remove from heat and mix in 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan, and then salt and pepper to taste. Arrange heaping tablespoons of ricotta cheese on top and then top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover and let sit until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from Cooks Country Cooking for Two