If you like beef short ribs and need to free up some time give this Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs Recipe a try; the ribs are tender and delicious. This is a simple recipe to put together, and once you have it in the slow cooker, you can set it and forget it.
Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs Recipe
- 2–3 pounds of beef boneless short ribs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Mix the flour, salt, and pepper together in a food grade disposable plastic bag. Shake the ribs in the bag to coat; using the butter, in a large skillet, brown the ribs on all sides over medium-high heat. Remove the ribs to the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet combine the rest of the ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring to remove any drippings from the bottom.
- Pour the mixture over the ribs in the slow cooker, cover, and cook for 7-8 hours or until ribs are melt in your mouth tender.
- Remove any excess fat from the juices and serve over rice or mashed potatoes. (you can thicken the juices to form a gravy if desired)