If you are looking for a simple and delicious one-dish meal this Slow-Cooker Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Chili recipe is it. It takes almost no time to put together and frees up 8 hours of your time while it cooks.
This Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Chili would also make a great game day recipe to serve your, guest. It’s not only a great tasting chili but makes for a delicious dip.
Adapted from Betty CrockerPrint
Slow-Cooker Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Chili
- 1 package (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs (trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 can whole kernel corn (15.5 ounces drained)
- 1 can black beans 15 ounces drained and rinsed
- 1 can mild enchilada sauce (10 ounces)
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterrey Jack cheese blend
- Chopped green onions and sour cream
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- Lightly spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the corn, black beans, and enchilada sauce in the slow cooker and then mix in the taco seasoning; and then add the chicken.
- Cook on low for 7 – 8 hours.
- Stir in one cup of the shredded cheese stirring until melted.
- Top with the green onions and the remaining cheese and serve with dobs of sour cream. (instead of topping with the remaining cheese I served the dishes individually with the remaining cheese
- and green onion with the tortilla chips on the side.