This Homemade Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Dog Treats are simple to put together, only require a few ingredients, and have a combination of flavors your dog will love. This is a healthy alternative to many of the dog treats you buy in the store.
If you did believe me, just ask Hunter, our 8-month-old English Setter.
Homemade Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Dog Treats Recipe
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (plus ¼ extra on standby if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. (I used a 16×12 baking sheet – a little bigger would be better)
- Place the eggs, peanut butter, and pumpkin in a stand mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on high speed until well combined (about 2-3 minutes). Reduce mixer speed to low and add the flour a ¼ cup at a time until dough is no longer sticky-add more flour if needed. Dough will separate from the sides of the bowl when ready.
- [url href=”http://cullyskitchen.com/?attachment_id=11859″][img src=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/homemade-dog-biscuits-prep-picture.jpg” width=”800″ height=”533″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”homemade-dog-biscuits-prep-picture” alt=”homemade-dog-biscuits-prep-picture”][/url]
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and need by hand until dough comes together (my dough was still a little sticky so I added a little more flour at this time).
- [url href=”http://cullyskitchen.com/?attachment_id=11860″][img src=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/homemade-dog-biscuits-dough-prep-picture.jpg” width=”800″ height=”534″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”homemade-dog-biscuits-dough-prep-picture” alt=”homemade-dog-biscuits-dough-prep-picture”][/url]
- Using a rolling pin roll dough out to a ¼ inch thickness and cut using a cookie cutter into the shapes you want; place on baking sheet.
- [url href=”http://cullyskitchen.com/?attachment_id=11861″][img src=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/cutting-homemade-dog-biscuits-dough-prep-picture.jpg” width=”800″ height=”534″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”cutting-homemade-dog-biscuits-dough-prep-picture” alt=”cutting-homemade-dog-biscuits-dough-prep-picture”][/url]
- [url href=”http://cullyskitchen.com/?attachment_id=11865″][img src=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/dog-treats-on-daking-sheet.jpg” width=”800″ height=”534″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”dog-treats-on-daking-sheet” alt=”dog-treats-on-daking-sheet”][/url]
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges start to brown. (baking time will vary depending on size and thickness)
- Let cool – and give your dog a treat!!
Adapted from damndelicious.net