In an attempt to get away from the red meat a little bit I decided to try this Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Recipe. I was kind of pinched for time so I need a recipe I could set and forget; I decided on this slow cooker recipe. There is not a lot of ingredients, or a lot of prep time. For a chili recipe, this recipe is lightly seasoned, if you like it hot, you may want to increase the seasoning to taste. I followed the recipe as is, and it was good. Be sure to add the sour cream, it’s a nice touch. If you’re in a rush and want to cut back on the red meat, give this Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Recipe a try, and enjoy.
|Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Recipe||
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cans (15 oz great northern beans) rinsed, drained and divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small carton of sour cream
- in a large skillet using the olive oil over medium heat, cook the cubed chicken, onion, jalapeno pepper; add in the oregano and cumin, and cook for 4 minutes, or until chicken is brown, and vegetables are tender crisp.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Place in the slow cooker.
- I in a small bowl mash 1 cup of beans, and mix them with 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Add to the slow cooker along with the rest of the chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Serve hot garnished with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream