Fall is in the air and chicken noodle soup is cooking in the slow cooker. I am one of those people that loves soup any time of the year. The temperature fell into the 50’s here; but has jumped back up to near 90. Highly unusual for us this time of year.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is a very simple recipe with very little prep time. Just prepare it, and forget it, until you get close to eating time, then add the noodles. There are many ways you can change this up with whatever you may have on hand. The only suggestion I would make is add the thyme to taste, because it can very easily over power the recipe. Enjoy
|Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe|
Recipe Type: Main or Entree
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 7 hours
Total time: 7 hours 15 mins
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 medium stalks of celery with leaves (chopped)
- 1 large carrot sliced or diced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or to taste
- 2 cups of baby frozen sweet peas
- 1 cup home style egg noodles
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and brown in a large skillet on medium heat, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a 3-4 quart slow cooker except for the noodles.
- Cook 6-7 hours- then add the egg noodles and cook until noodles are tender(I turned the slow cooker to high for the noodles).
Comments are closed.