If you like spaghetti and you are in the mood for something a little different this Italian Chicken and Peppers Spaghetti Recipe is for you. The combination of peppers, mushrooms and onions along with the chicken is delicious. This is a simple recipe and is fairly quick to prepare. As far as the chicken you can use either boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs. I chose the thighs because they are a little moister when cooked compared to the breasts. Whenever I make something a little different I wonder what the outcome is going to be with the family-they loved it. Enjoy
|Italian Chicken and Peppers Spaghetti Recipe|
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves and/or thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 3 cups)
- 2 medium onions, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste
- 1 jar or can Traditional spaghetti Sauce or your favorite
- 1- 8 oz package fresh sliced mushrooms (or canned)
- 1-pound package spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, and cook until well browned, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Stir the peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the sauce and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Serve the chicken mixture over the spaghetti.