In this house pancakes just aren’t for breakfast. Whenever we get in the mood for pancakes we make them. It can be for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We were in the mood for pancakes so I decided to give this Pumpkin Pancake Recipe a try. I have made many different types of pancakes, but this will be the first time I used pumpkin in the recipe. They came out light and fluffy, pretty much tasting like pumpkin bread, only with a lighter texture. I topped mine with the standard topping of butter and maple syrup and they were very good. I think some type of fruit topping with whip cream, would turn this into an excellent desert dish.
|Pumpkin Pancake Recipe|
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cloves
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk ( can be any kind)
- 6 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 eggs
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, pumpkin, melted butter, and egg.
- Fold mixture into dry ingredients.
- Spray or grease a skillet and heat over medium heat: pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.