I needed a simple recipe-something that would be quick and easy. There is just too much going on this week and I had to save some time; this Stroganoff-Style Chicken Recipe was it. This recipe has very little prep and cooking time. Give yourself a half hour and dinner will be on the table. I used fresh baby portabella mushrooms; but I am sure canned would work fine. I just have a family that loves fresh mushrooms. If you find yourself crunched for time give this Stroganoff-Style Chicken Recipe a try; you’ll have a delicious supper in 30 minutes.
|Stroganoff-Style Chicken Recipe|
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 8 oz package of fresh sliced mushrooms (or 1 large can)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 6 oz cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 of a 12-ounce package medium egg noodles (about 4 cups), cooked and drained
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned, stirring often. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in the soup, yogurt, and water in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the paprika, if desired.
- Serve the chicken and sauce with the noodles.