This is a knock off of Wendy’s Chili Recipe. To be honest it has been a long time since I have had a bowl of Wendy’s Chili, but I do believe it comes pretty close. This is a delicious combination of flavors with not much prep time, but you do have to allow ample amount of time for simmering the chili. This recipe will serve about 12 people and would be a great dish for a cold Foot Ball Sunday afternoon-just add a few corn chips. Enjoy
|Wendy’s Chili Recipe|
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) cans kidney beans ( with liquid)
- 1 (29 ounce) cans pinto beans ( with liquid)
- 1 cup diced onions (1 medium onion)
- 1/2 cup diced green chili peppers (2 chilies or 4 oz can)
- 1/4 cup diced celery (1 stalk)
- 3 medium tomatoes or 6 Roma (chopped)
- 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water (for thicker chili omit the water)
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain off the fat.
- In a large pot, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2 to 3 hours.