Wow! This is a great combination of flavors. This Slow Cooker Italian Beef Roast is so simple to put together and it’s incredible. A couple of packets of seasoning, a chuck roast, broth, and some sliced onion, and it’s into the slow cooker. I am not usually big on using seasoning packed mixes, but I decided to make an exception for this one, and I was pleasantly surprised. The beef was nice and tender like it usually is from a slow cooker and because it was slow cooked the seasoning blended nicely into the beef. The dry au jus mix and Zesty Italian dressing turned the juices into delicious gravy to serve over mashed potatoes. This is a great dinner recipe if you have a lot to do because of the long cooking time-you can put it together, and set it, and forget it for 9 -10 hours while you go about your day.
This one is going on my favorites list; give this Slow Cooker Italian Beef Roast Recipe a try; it’s really good.
- 1 beef chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 onion (quartered or sliced)
- 1 can beef broth (10.5 ounces)
- 1 packet dry au jus mix (1 ounce-I used McCormick)
- 1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix (.7 ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place chuck roast in the slow cooker and slice the onion around it.
- Add the beef broth, and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 9-10 hours or until roast is tender. (If this is too long turn the slow cooker on high after 5 or 6 hours to decrease the cooking time)
- Serve the beef hot with the gravy.