I had some boneless skinless chicken breasts in the freezer and needed something I could get on by noon, so I choose this Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Recipe. This is a very simple recipe and there’s a good chance you might have everything on hand you need. I liked this recipe because I could prepare it around noon time, set it and forget it, and get some things done this afternoon I needed to get done. This is a very simple recipe with an excellent blend of spices with almost no prep time. I used boil in the bag rice to help cut down on the cooking time. I followed the recipe as is, and had a good tasting Italian chicken dinner. The next time you have a busy schedule give this Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Recipe a try. Enjoy
|Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Recipe|
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can Italian stewed tomatoes (14 1/2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine the tomatoes, chicken broth, onion, and seasoning.
- Pour over the chicken and cook on low for 3-4 hours until chicken is tender, or reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Combine the cornstarch with the water.
- Transfer juice from the slow cooker to a sauce pan, bring to a boil, and thicken with the cornstarch.
- Serve the sauce over the chicken and hot rice.