Grilled burgers with fresh tomatoes are always a favorite here. When I saw this Classic Grilled Hamburger Recipe I had to give it a try. The recipe looked pretty basic; but when I prepared the sauce, I was amazed at how good it was. The rest of the family confirmed this, as dinner neared an end, they were looking for more. So do yourself a favor and make some extra sauce, your family and guests will appreciate it.
This is a simple recipe and I followed the recipe as written. The only issue I had was you have to be a little careful when you first start grilling the burgers so they don’t come apart-I think this is due to the chopped onion in the recipe. Other than that, this Classic Grilled Hamburger Recipe was very good, and the family enjoyed it. Fire up the grill this weekend and give this grilled burgers recipe a try. Enjoy
|Classic Grilled Hamburger Recipe||
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 pound ground chuck or lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/ 4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper or to taste
- 4 sesame-seed (toasted)
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 leaves leaf lettuce
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine onion, oil, and 1 tablespoon ketchup in a medium saucepan. Cover and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft, 5 to 8 minutes more. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool for a few minutes.
- Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon ketchup, mayonnaise, relish and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the beef, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and cooked onion- gently combine without over mixing. Form 4 patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Oil the grill rack. Grill the burgers, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165°F.
- Place burgers on toasted buns with the ketchup-mayonnaise sauce, tomato slices and lettuce.