After a successful fishing trip over the weekend everyone was in the mood for a fish fry. As kind of a tradition we usually serve baked beans as a side dish along with the fish. I usually make this dish totally from scratch, but I needed to same some time, so I decided on this Simple Baked Beans Recipe which incorporates pork and beans into the recipe. This is a simple and mildly seasoned dish, and I kept it this way, mainly because I don’t like a lot of heat in my food. I followed the recipe as is and it was a great addition to the fresh fish I served over the week end. If you wish the beans a little bit spicier just add some cayenne pepper to taste. The next time you are looking for a great side dish, and baked beans seem to go good on the menu; give this Simple Baked Beans Recipe a try. Enjoy
|Simple and Quick Baked Beans Recipe|
- 2 (15 ounce) cans baked beans with pork
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine or apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish combine the pork and beans, brown sugar, onion, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar-salt and pepper to taste. Top with the bacon slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. uncovered for 1 hour or until sauce is thickened, and bacon is cooked.
- Let set for 15 minutes-serve hot-Enjoy