There are so many times I need a side dish to go along with a grilling recipe and as a result I get tempted when I am at the market to save some time and grab a flavored rice mix. The fact is that homemade does not take a lot longer and in my opinion tastes better than the store version. In this recipe I decided on chicken flavoring, however beef could be used instead; and I am sure the results would be excellent. Just substitute the chicken bouillon and broth, with beef and this Chicken Flavored Rice Recipe turns into a beef flavored rice recipe. This is a simple recipe with very little prep time and you can have the rice cooking while you are attending to the main dish. I followed the recipe as is and the family thought it was better than any of the flavored rice mixes we have purchased previously in the stores. The next time you need a flavored rich mix, give this Chicken Flavored Rice Recipe a try. (I didn’t include any prep pictures on this post mainly because it is such a simple recipe)Enjoy
|Chicken Flavored Rice Recipe||
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken broth, butter and bouillon. Bring to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.