I love Lasagna, except it always seems like a big project to make it. I have wanted to try Slow Cooker Lasagna, so I decided to give this Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe a try. All the ingredients looked pretty good, but I wasn’t sure how the noodles would turn out; because the Lasagna noodles are not precooked. It was a pleasant surprise. The slow cooker handled the Lasagna noodles just fine. Because you don’t have to precook the noodles, there is a lot less prep time, than when you prepare a regular Lasagna recipe. This is defiantly going in my favorite’s box as another great, prepare it, set it and forget it recipe. The next time you are working on a busy schedule, and want to come home to a nice hot meal, give this Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe a try, you and your family will love it. Enjoy
|Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe|
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Green Pepper (chopped-optional)
- 8 oz of sliced mushrooms (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the ground beef, onion, green pepper, mushrooms and garlic until brown. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, and oregano and stir until well mixed. Cook until heated through.
- In a large bowl mix together the cottage cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon a layer of the meat mixture onto the bottom of the slow cooker. Add a single layer of the uncooked lasagna noodles. Break to fit noodles into slow cooker. Top noodles with a portion of the cheese mixture. Repeat the layering of sauce, noodles, and cheese until all the ingredients are used.
- Cook in the Slow Cooker on low 4-6 hours.