It has been so cold around the country I thought it would be a good time to post this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe. This is a simple recipe that doesn’t take long to put together, you can put it in the slow cooker, and pretty much forget about until super time.
The hot chili beans and cayenne pepper add quite a bit of heat to the recipe, so when adding the cayenne pepper, add it to taste. I don’t like dishes with a lot of heat but I am told that this recipe is seasoned perfectly.
So if you want to turn up the heat a little bit on a cold night give this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe a try. Enjoy
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe
- 1 1/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 large green pepper (chopped)
- 2 stalks of celery (thinly sliced)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 jar meatless spaghetti sauce (24 ounces)
- 1 can hot chili beans (undrained)
- 1 can dark red kidney beans (16 ounces drained and rinsed)
- 1 can pinto beans (15 ounces drained and rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- Sour cream and shredded cheddar for garnish (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet, or skillet lightly sprayed with cooking spray, cook the ground turkey, onion and green pepper until turkey is no longer pink inside. Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Mix all the ingredients together in the slow cooker except for the Sour cream and shredded cheddar.
- Cook on low heat for 6 – 7 hours or until the onion and green pepper are tender. Serve garnished with Sour cream and shredded cheddar