This Mac and Cheese recipe is rich and creamy with Smoked Gouda adding a delicious and unique smoked flavor to the dish. This is a simple recipe that’s quick to put together, and large enough to serve a good size family. Use it as a side dish, or a one-dish dinner.
The next time you’re in the mood for Mac and Cheese give this one a try; it’s really good.
Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 4 cups dried macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups half and half
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 1/3 lb. smoked Gouda cheese (cut into small cubes)
- ½ lb. sharp cheddar cheese (shredded or cut into small cubes)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Gradually whisk the flour into the melted butter; about 2 minutes. Slowly pour in the half and half stirring constantly until mixture is smooth. Continue cooking and stirring until mixture is thickened. Season sauce with the salt, pepper, mustard, and Cajun seasoning, off heat, stir in cheese until melted.
- In a large bowl or the same kettle you cooked the macaroni in, mix the cheese and macaroni together. Garnish with green onion slices if using. Enjoy
Adapted from blogchef.net