I wanted baked beans, for a side dish, for a fish fry, but did not want to spend all day cooking them.
I found this recipe on my son’s blog “blogchef.net”. The combinations of flavors looked really good and the recipe could be completed in about and hour.
I was just feeding a couple of people so we froze the leftovers for future fish fries. If you are looking for a good side dish give this one a try; it’s really good.
Smoked Sausage Baked Beans Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ pound smoked sausage (sliced)
- 3 cans pork and beans (15 ounces each)
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup molasses
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Dash of hot sauce or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook onion until tender. Add the garlic and sausage and continue cooking until sausage is browned. Mix in the beans, ketchup, molasses, sugar, vinegar, mustard, and hot sauce.
- Pour mixture into a 13 x 9 casserole dish and bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and thick.
- Serve Hot