I grew up on potatoes, meat, and gravy for main course meals. My love for mashed potatoes has never quit.
When I ran across this recipe I had to give it a try. It has it all. Garlic, sour cream, and cream cheese. What a delight. It is smooth and rich. I hope you enjoy.
Sour Cream -Cream Cheese Mashed Potato Recipe
- 10 potatoes
- 8 garlic cloves
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- Quarter the potatoes and put into a large pot of salted water.
- Add the 8 cloves of peeled garlic.
- Boil until tender.
- Drain and add the sour cream, butter, and cream cheese to the pot and mash with a potato masher, for best texture do not use a mixer.
- Spread mixture into an ovenproof casserole dish 9X13.
- Bake uncovered in a 325-degree oven for 15 minutes or until the top has browned to your satisfaction.
- For faster results, skip baking and place under broiler for a few minutes.
- Garnish with chives if desired.