I was looking for a one dish recipe that was a little different so I gave my son a call at Blohchef.net to see if he had a recipe he would recommend trying. After his recommendation, I decided on this Sour Cream Noodle Bake Recipe.
This is a simple recipe that you can have on the dinner table in less than an hour; making it a great recipe for after work or school.
The next time you’re looking for a simple and good recipe, give this one a try, it is quick to put together, doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, it’s really good, and doesn’t require a lot of clean up because it’s a one-dish meal. Adapted from blogchef.net. Enjoy
Sour Cream Noodle Bake Recipe
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chuck
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
- salt and pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions to al dente.
- While the noodles are cooking in a large skillet brown the ground beef until no longer pink inside. Drain if necessary. Mix the tomato sauce into the skillet with the ground beef, and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue cooking while putting together the cottage cheese mixture.
- Using a 9 x 13 casserole dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray spread 1/ 2 the noodle mixture on the bottom, and then layer 1/2 of the meat mixture over the top; then sprinkle with 1/2 the cheese. Repeat the process finishing off with the cheese on the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with fresh biscuits or garlic toast.