I have wanted to work with these Manicotti Shells for a while but kind of shied away from them because I figured like stuffed shells it would take a lot of time. It was not really all that bad. I chose this Stuffed Manicotti Shells Recipe because it was simple and did not require many ingredients. I am sure there are many different kinds of filling you could use that would work out well. This recipe mainly requires using your favorite spaghetti sauce. When you are stuffing the shells if you use a small spoon and use your fingers to help press the stuffing in; it’s pretty easy.
If you in the mood to try a stuffed shells recipe give this Stuffed Manicotti Shells Recipe a try-it’s not all that hard. Enjoy
- 1 package manicotti shells (8 ounces)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian Blend Cheese (divided)
- Cook Manicotti Shells according to package directions.
- Pre-Heat oven to 350F.
- Using a large skillet brown the ground beef over medium high heat; breaking up the meat as it cooks. Drain if needed. Stir in the onion powder, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of spaghetti sauce.
- Reserve and set aside 1/2 cup of the meat mixture. Combine the rest of the meat mixture with 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Fill the shells using a small spoon, and your fingers, to press the filling into the shells. Arrange the shells in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Mix together the set aside 1/2 cup beef mixture with the other cup of spaghetti sauce and spoon over the shells.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with the left over shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.