This Dulce de Leche Cheesecake recipe uses a granulated sweetener like Splenda, and low-fat cream cheese. To me reducing the sugar alone is a big plus. This is a simple recipe but it does have to set a long time before serving.
If you want to cut back on the sugar and fat a little bit give this one a try it’s really good.
Sugar Free Dulce de Leche Cheesecake
- 1 ½ pound low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup granular sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- ½ cup dulce de leche
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with the butter until thoroughly combined and press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes; remove to cool. Reduce oven heat to 325F.
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl; add the sugar substitute and flour. Using an electric mixer beat until smooth. Add the vanilla and mix until well blended and then beat in the eggs one egg at a time, and then add in the milk, mixing until well blended. Spoon mixture onto the crust in the springform pan.
- The separate ½ cup of the cheese mixture into a small bowl, add the dulce de leche and using a spoon mix until well blended. Place tablespoons of the mixture over the batter and gently swirl it in with the edge of a knife or spatula.
- Bake at 325 for 45 – 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven and run a knife around the edge to help keep the cheesecake from cracking.
- Cool for 20 minutes, cover, and chill for at least 6 hours before serving.