The liquid smoke and maple syrup give this dish a delicious and unique flavor
This is another simple recipe that you can have on the supper table in about an hour. There are only a few ingredients, very little prep time, and the end result is a smoky maple flavored chicken dish. Give this one a try it’s simple. and really good. Enjoy
Adapted from Taste of Home Cookbook
Check out Proof That Coffee Is the Elixir of Life
Sweet Smoky Chicken Legs
- 2 medium onions (sliced thin)
- 2 – 3 pounds of chicken legs
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray and arrange onion slices over the bottom. Arrange the chicken legs in a single layer on top of the onions, and then lightly season the chicken with the pepper.
- In a medium size, bowl mixes together the maple syrup, vinegar, Dijon mustard, and salt. Distribute the sauce evenly over the top of the chicken and bake uncovered for 50 – 60 minutes or until chicken is nicely browned and reaches an internal temperature of 180F with an instant-read thermometer.
- Serve chicken topped with the onions and sauce.