I love bacon, eggs, and potatoes for breakfast. Everyone here seemed to be in the mood for a breakfast dinner so I decided to put this Twice Baked Potatoes with Bacon and Eggs Recipe on the menu for dinner. This recipe does take some time and requires some work, but it is well worth the effort. The bacon flavor is incorporated right into the potatoes making each bite bacon delicious. The richness added by the egg yolk makes this recipe almost perfect.
The next time you craving for bacon, eggs, and potatoes give this Twice Baked Potatoes with Bacon and Eggs Recipe a try; it’s delicious. Enjoy
Twice Baked Potatoes with Bacon and Eggs Recipe
- 4 large russet baking potatoes
- 1 pound bacon Divided (cooked until crispy – reserve drippings)
- ¼ cup warm milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Scrub and pierce potatoes for the microwave. Microwave potatoes until tender, about 16 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook the bacon until crisp, reserving the drippings. Drain and cool on paper towels and coarsely chop 4 slices of bacon and set aside.
- Allow the potatoes to cool until they are cool enough to handle. Slice off the top of each potato, down about a ¼ of an inch, to flatten out the tops. Scoop out 3 of the potatoes down to about ¼ inch from the skin placing the flesh in a medium-size bowl. Scoop out the 4th potato and discard the flesh.
- Mash the potatoes, and then stir in the chopped bacon, cheese, ½ the scallions, ¼ teaspoon pepper, parsley, and ½ teaspoon salt until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the mashed potatoes into the 4 potato skins using the back side of the spoon to pack it in place forming a long deep well to hold the egg.
- Brush each potato using a pastry brush with bacon dripping, and place the stuffed potatoes on aluminum foil in a shallow baking pan. Crack each egg, one at a time, into a bowl, and then pour the egg into the trench of the potato. Some of the egg white may overflow, which is fine.
- Bake the potatoes until egg whites are set. (20 – 30 minutes) top each twice baked potato with a ½ strip of bacon and the rest of the scallions. Serve the rest of the bacon on the side.
Adapted from Food Network Magazine