I had to decide whether I wanted to make cupcakes, or muffins, so I decided on this Banana Brand Muffins Recipe because I had almost all the ingredients on hand and it also looked like a heather choice.
This is a simple recipe, and chances are you will have almost all the ingredients on hand.
The next time you want to cook up a batch of muffins give this recipe a try – it’s simple and good.
- 1 ½ cups bran flakes (crushed)
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large or 3 medium)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Crush the bran flakes and mash the bananas. (I put the cereal in a food grade plastic bag and used a rolling pin to crush the cereal)
- In a medium size bowl mix together the bananas, egg, milk, oil, and cereal. Set aside and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Spoon the batter into 12 prepared muffin cups and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Remove to wire rack to cool.