If you have been suffering from sticker shock over the grocery prices lately here is a simple and very inexpensive recipe to put on the supper menu that you and your family will enjoy. This is a slow cooker recipe so it does take some time to cook, but if you have some other things you have to get done this can be a blessing.
I used chicken leg quarters in this recipe but you can use any combination of chicken pieces you would like. If you use leg quarters I would recommend removing the skin and any excess fat’
Give this, simple and inexpensive, Slow Cooker Pepper Jack Leg Quarters Recipe a try; it’s really good. Enjoy
- 4 chicken leg quarters (skin and fat removed)
- 1 small green bell pepper (thinly sliced into strips)
- 1 small red bell pepper (thinly sliced into strips)
- 1 small orange or yellow bell pepper (thinly sliced into strips)
- 1 can condensed Nacho Cheese soup (10 ¾ ounces)
- ½ cup chunky salsa
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 5 cups cooked rice
- In a large bowl mix together the soup, chili powder, and salsa.
- Arrange the chicken quarters in the bottom of the slow cooker and pour the soup mixture over the top.
- add the bell peppers and cook covered for 5-6 hours on low or until chicken is done. (185F.)
- Serve over hot cooked rice.