This Cheesy Bow Tie Casserole is rich and flavorful and simple to put together. If you have any leftovers they make for a delicious lunch.
Flavors will vary a little bit depending on the brand pasta sauce you use.
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 24 ounces of traditional pasta sauce (your favorite brand)
- 1 package of fresh mushrooms (8 ounces sliced or you can use canned)
- 1 can sliced black olives
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (cut into ½ inch cubes)
- 4 ounces shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- preheat oven to 400F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions for firm; drain.
- While pasta is cooking in a large skillet over medium high heat cook the burger, onion, and mushrooms until burger is no longer pink inside, onion is softened, and mushrooms are tender; drain any excess fat if needed.
- Mix the pasta sauce into the burger mixture, bring to a boil, and season with the red pepper flakes. Add ½ of the mozzarella cubes and stir until cheese is melted. Mix the sauce into the pasta until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a 2.75 quart casserole dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray and distribute the remaining mozzarella cheese cubes over the top. Top with the black olives, Colby & Monterey Jack , and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is hot and bubbly – Serve hot.