Here’s a recipe for some quick and simple pancakes your family will love. This is pretty much a basic pancake recipe with applesauce added in place of part of liquid ingredients. The combination of applesauce and cinnamon turn these pancakes into a delicious treat.
Put these Applesauce Pancakes on the breakfast table and they will disappear in a hurry. Enjoy
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1¼ cup milk
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined using a large spoon.
- Using a griddle sprayed lightly with cooking spray, on medium heat, pour the mixture to the size pancakes you want. Cook pancakes until browned and bubbly on top. Flip the pancakes and cook until browned on the other side. (You can also use a skillet sprayed with cooking spray, or lightly coated with oil.)
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.
Adapted from FeedingMr.Picky